Miami, Florida

I phoned Western Dental on 07/05/2016 for emergency appointments for myself and my associate, Donald Davey, as we both need Oral Surgery and are in alot of pain. Appts. were made for 07/06/2016 at 4100 El Camino Real, S.M. Ca.

We both filled out new patient packets, Donald was given X-Rays and an exam. I was told because I did not yet have my Medi-Cal card I would need to bring my Social Security Card. Donalds first round of oral surgery sched. For 07/072016.

On 07/07/2016, we arrived. I furnished my S.S.Card as required and was told, " We lost your paperwork, you'll have to fill out another. Before Donald Davey was seen, he witnessed me filling out the second new patient packet. Then, expressing my pain I was told," We can't see you today, come back on the 11th. EMERGENCY MEANS NOW!! I went and contacted W.D. Corporate Headquarters and complained.

On 07/11/2016, we waited over two hours past my appt. time. Finally, a partial X-Ray called a panoramic was taken, I was given a five minute exam. As per Patient estimator worksheet nine broken rotten teeth needed surgical removal, this exam should also reflect my horribly receeding gum lines. I was told," We think partials will do, oh your insurance doesn't cover these." I requested full upper and lower dentures as My teeth have been infected for over 3 yrs. And are terribly painful constantly. I was told, "come back on the 18th for oral surgery."

On the 18th, again two hours later, I was told " only two teeth will be taken today." WHY??? IT WAS NOTED WITCH TEETTH HURT THE MOST. I was told, " I can reccommend Full Dentures but ultimatly it's the Office Managers who Approve or Deny treatment. The nice nurse went to speak with the Office Mngr. She returned with her they left, the Oral Surgeon Entered stating "we are taking four teeth today."

Dr. Yaang was an EXELLENT ORAL SURGEON, his assistant asked him while extracting teeth # 19 And 20 if they were going to do a bone graph, " Can' t, wasnt approved.

There were so many VIOLATIONS OF ETHICS AND PATIENTS RIGHTS CONCERNING THIS OFFICE AND ITS FOUR HUNDRED POUND OFFICE MANAGER I AM FILING FOR A DEMAND OF ARBITRATION WITH W.D. GENERAL COUNCEL. I REQUESTED AN INVESTIGATION. WE WILL SEE IF THE PATIENTS STILL HAVE ANY RIGHTS HERE!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Dental Dental Service.

Comments

Western_Dental_Services
#1203729

Out of respect for your privacy and HIPAA regulations, we cannot discuss specifics of your visit in this public forum. However, we would like to learn more about this issue and urge you to connect us at (855) 779-7678 or if you prefer, please send us an email at SMRT@westerndental.com.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Patient Care Team

kathmatazp
#1207827
@Western_Dental_Services

Please let me know what you can do to help this situation. I have looked into Arbitration as upon receiving copies of my western DENTAL file # 11763, I see the New Patient Packet I filled out of 0706/2016 and when that was lost I again filled one out on 07/07/2016.

My file has paperwork dated 07/11/2016.

I have an eye witness to both missing packets. Now what???