This place PERMANENTLY BUTCHERED my tooth, which resulted in me having to seek out the care of an endodontist to permorm a costly, painful, time consuming root canal procedure and dental crowning, which ended up costing me a total of $3000.00 and months of pain and suffering.I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Western Dental, as I, as well a numerous others, unknowingly fell victim to this "Butcher Shop" that operates under the assumption that it provides quality, specialized dental care at an affordable price, yet preys on people who are otherwise unable to see a dentist due to their inability to afford one.

This place is an absolute JOKE. Western Dental is filled w/a bunch of 'poorly trained, incompetents who do not know what they are doing. They are taking advantage of the disadvantaged by luring them in w/low prices and false hopes, all the while using us a guinea pigs to 'practice on' and to conduct dental experiments. Once the incompetent 'butcher' has performed their 'experiment' (whether the results were a success or a failure) they are done w/you.

Which coincides w/the many other complaints I have I have read about in regards to the MANDATORY WAIVER/CONTRACT that they require all "patients" to sign, prior to "treatment", that releases them from any and all liability, if anything should go wrong. Western Dental is completely and totally 100% RESPONSIBLE & NEGLIGENT for the damage that was done to my tooth. I initially went to them to have two fillings performed on two separate cavities in my rear molars and ended up having to have a root canal procedure performed on one of the molars because the *** at WESTERN DENTAL drilled so deeply into my tooth, that he drilled into its pulp, thus permanently destroying my tooth. I also had to go to another dentist after the root canal to have a crown put on.

The total cost for this negligence was $3000.00. Not to mention, Western Dental Inc. has since thrown me into collections and had a lien put against me because I refused to pay them for the shoddy work they performed on me. I told them that they should be paying me for the $3000 dollars I had to to pay to repair the permanent damage that they caused.

It is just CRIMINAL that this place is still legally in operation and allowed to treat people in this dispicable fashion, with absolutely no repurcussions.

If anyone else has experieneced this type of horrific, unjust treatment at the hands of WESTERN DENTAL, PLEASE COME FORWARD!This place needs to be held legally responsible for what they are doing to people.

Review about: Western Dental Dental Crown Service.

I would also like to join this as they did over 15k in work with the premise my life depended on it. Please contact me to let me know how to join. Tinagambill@hotmail.com my mouth is also ruined

Did anyone follow through with a lawsuit?If so, I would also like to join in or get info on the lawyer that helped!

Dr.Nay at WD in tucson az ruind my teeth as well!

It all started on August 5, 2017 for an exam on my teeth.They explained to me that I will need a root canal done after the exam.

They were so quick to get me to sign a form and told me that I had to pay for ½ of the root canal, not explaining the details. On August 12, 2017 my appointment was at 8:00 am and I had discussed with them the week prior coming in for the root canal. I was seen at 9:00 am and was there for 4 ½ hours.

Now I should have done my research before making the decision in having what I thought was going to be a good experience at the dentist office. When I on August 12, 2017, I paid $1141 for half of the root canal because that is what they said was going to be happening that day, but like an hour or so through the root canal going through extreme pain I have never experienced before and assumed the dentist would be gentle says to me, “the tooth must come out, you have too much calcium built up around the tooth.”

I was in extreme pain, crying from all the pulling he was doing and then says that to me while some just looked at me with no empathy for what he was doing to my mouth.

Looking at me, a grown adult crying after an hour of my mouth opened wide, staying in that position, jaw hurting, pulling at me, hurting my mouth and trying to get the tooth out, tears flowing down my face, goes and tells me that “oh no we can’t do a root canal, we must do an extraction of the tooth,” which they told me was no charge for the extraction because my insurance paid for it.

The only thing I paid for that day was the bone replacement graph which was $420.00 dollars. They put a temporary in, took an impression of the tooth, but never received my permanent bridge because of all the problems I have had since day that day on August 12, 2017. I have had more problems since they took the tooth out then when I first came into that office for an exam on August 5, 2017. It has been a nightmare for me.

The temporary tooth broke after putting it in on August 12, 2017 and I spent another 4 hours on August 16, 2017 in the office waiting to fix it but that didn’t work either because the temporary broke again and I had to miss work, with no pay and go in on August 18, 2017 and spent another 4 hours trying to fix the problem.

During all this time telling me I owe them $2300 for the other ½ of the money for the work with the permanent bridge they planned to put in my mouth on September 23, 2017 which never happened because I cancelled it all, yet I paid $1141.00 that I feel I should get back. Their main office has harassed me by calling me and telling me that I owe this money and that it will go to collections as well as go on my credit report (which now it is on there) before they could do anything else for me.

The temporary tooth broke once again and I went back in the office on August 25, 2017 to collect paperwork and they told me that I owed them the rest of the money by September 2, 2017 and I told them I didn’t have that kind of money and they explained to me that they would do a set up plan and would need my card and I told them no way will that happen. I told them that I was not paying because I am not happy with what they have done and that they haven’t really done anything for my mouth except leave my mouth in distress, which I am unable to chew on my right side, hurt beyond belief and that my temporary broke again. I cancelled all services with them and I told them I will not pay for this because you have done absolutely nothing for me.

You quickly get me to sign for payment and that you are only about getting your money, yet you have done nothing to help the patient. I called my insurance on Monday, September 11, 2017 appalled with everything that has been going on and filed a complaint with them against Western Dental, 19071 Bear Valley Road, Apple Valley, CA and they told me after I explained to them about what happened to me and that they ruined my mouth and how afraid I am to go to the dentist, they suggested that I need to file a complaint with the Dental Board to see if I can get my $1141.00 back from them. I did file a complaint with the Dental Board, but they did absolutely nothing for me. Now I am embarrassed to smile because of what they did to my mouth.

They continue to harass me for the money they say I owe them, YET they refuse to fix the problem they left in my mouth. They pulled my tooth, left one of my teeth down to the bare minimum to have some crown that never got put in there or any permanent bridge that is suppose to be in replacement of where I have no teeth that they took out.

It is embarrassing and I fear the dentist because of what they did.They just want their money, yet they haven't taken care of my mouth.

to Upset customer #1435983

so sorry...arent they something...

This is my latest issue with Western Dental:

They sent me something that looked like a notice from Medi-Cal here in California (medicaid) they told me to call them they did not have a return address on their envelope it just said enclosed information about your medical benefits I didn't know it was Western Dental until I opened the letter.

It said important notice Medi Cal.Enclosed is information about your services.

I called Medical and they said they never sent me anything like that it was Western General who sent me that.

So not only is Western Dental screwing us over there misrepresenting themselves I think they should put return addresses on their envelopes so that people will know who it's from and what it's about!

Inside the letter it said assigned location and it made it look like I've been signed on with an HMO with Medi-Cal. Again Medi-Cal told me they didn't send me anything like that; they don't even assign dentists.

This left me with the impression that Western Dental likes to use fancy language and fancy formats to make us believe Medi-Cal is doing something when Medi Cal is not. I think my point is they need to tell us who they are when they write to us because we have a right to turn down or accept their services and I obviously want to exercise my right to turn down their services. I don't even want to open their mail anymore I stopped going there last year and I told them I didn't want to come back.

So now they're sending us sending me mail I don't even want and they're looking like it's for medical because they won't even put a return address on their envelope.maybe that's their way of trying to bully me and rope me into their services again but I think it's a pretty roundabout sideways cowardly way for them to do it because they know that a lot of us don't want their services ( if you want to even call it that!)

I got my braces done at western dental.Upon signing the contract , there was confusion or wrong made decisions where my contract said “Clear” and for some reason the offices contract said “Gold”.

The gold is obviously more expensive.

Also, they told they will be able to fix my smile before signing the contract, couple weeks later my “teeth are too spaced to completely close your gaps” sorry but can fix them for “X” amount.I don’t want money I just want them to do their job correctly!

I am going through very similar problems with western dental. Please contact me.

Hello, I got my wisdom teeth pulled out from Western dental all 4 at the same time about a few monts after my whole left side of the face went num off and on and now and got worst or time. I now have trigeminal neuralgia, I am struggling with this painful condition. I've never had any problems like this before getting my wisdom teeth pulled out, and now I have to live with this pain and being on medication due to this.

Vacaville, California, United States #1310213

Hey Everyone,

I apologize for not acting sooner but when I initially wrote this post and wanted to sue, I couldn't find anyone who would take my case due to the fact I was trying to do it for just myself.Now after seeing all of your comments and knowing that Western Dental is still abusing ppl by luring them in with promises of quality & affordability, yet giving them

Sub standard care and butchering them, I feel compelled to make sure that these unskilled 'dentists' in training are held accountable for what they have been doing to their patients.

I have recently begun searching for a lawyer again. But this time I'm searching for one who will take my case & start a class action lawsuit on Western Dental. 4 years later and I am still in collections w/Western Dental for $750.00 & I still refuse to pay them a single penny!

To all of you who who have suffered, have suffered and are still suffering by the hands of one of these negligent wanna be 'dentists' at Western Dental, hang in there.They will soon get what they deserve for what they are doing.

to Buhdussey South San Francisco, California, United States #1329956

Please let me know an update. I "cancelled" my contract due to financial problems and had a deband but got a bill from collections of $1700 stating that it's from services rendered when I never finished the braces treatment

Pleasanton, California, United States #1307212

On 08/13/13 I signed a contract for 3 years with Western Dental Orthodont Services-Livermore CA for $4,000 I went there for a small gap in my upper front teeth.Even My gap was close in less than 3 months, they want to straighten my molars.

The problem is that in 3 years WD has changed 5 or 6 Drs that when came to see me 3 of them told me that the last Dr was doing wrong procedure with my teeth and changed my treatment. One Dr. has filed 3 of my lower front teeth to make easy to close my ***. Also put some hooks inside of molars to pull them out.

After that I have my teeth everywhere and I can't close my mouth and hurt a lot when I ***.

The last Dr. Asked me who did it? It was very bad procedure.

He needs to reverse all. By the time we have more than 3 years working and WD is charging more money for something they did wrong. On the las appt. 01/23/17, WD manager told me: if I don't sign other contract they won't continue with my treatment.

I refused to sign and I left. But WD sent a new bill 1,150 by mail, and a lot emails and Mail letters telling me that if I don't pay they will send it to collection. Also they want me to sign a new contract for $ 1, 650 to finish my treatment and it doesn't include pull off the braces which I should pay later!!! So, a small gap will cost me more than $7,000?

It is ridiculous!

I need help to get my money back to finish my treatment in other place or WD finish it without charge.can you help me?

Riverside, California, United States #1280194

Same thing happened to me also please contact me ethanpmertins@gmail.com

Santa Ana, California, United States #1251716

Yess please. I'm going through similar problems lucy.panduro@gmail.com

Glendale, Arizona, United States #1248136

Western Dental is a joke as a business.I had went in for a tooth extraction as of January 23 2016.

These people had pull my tooth and than gave me a bone Graff which gave me he'll but I paid for it all in the same day cause I was in pain and just wanted to get home. Now moths later these people have been messaging calling and sending letters that I owe and never paid. I called solved the problem it was there mistake that they said , I even have employees names and days they told me not to worry that they left a note . Now these people there at this joke of a company have been sending me letters for over a year and the collection agency had even started to send me calls and letters .

Please don't try to go to this company and save a dime go to somewhere were a real business is at and have trained there employees to do there job.This is unacceptable, and I plan on to sue if I receive another letter please let me know if anyone else had sued them before so I know what to do.

to Anonymous Glendale, California, United States #1275988

saw this. I'm going to contact them to see if there was any progress or if they would be interested in opening a new case.

Escondido, California, United States #1238312

Has anything happened with this because I am in need of an attorney to sue them also.I recently went to them for a root canal in serious pain and had then endodontist stab me in the gums without numbing and pour lidocane down my throat twice.

besides the fact that i am now fighting with them over the fact that they have set up my contract wrong and are debting my account fraudulently.Have you been contacted by an attorney?

Franklin, Tennessee, United States #1234970

My girlfriend just had the same Bs done to her dentist said he dont feel comfortable so refused to finish and receptioniest said wont be able to give us service, leaving gf with tooth halfway out as well as infection coming out and in total pain.

Wilmington, Delaware, United States #1225375

I have a similiar issue. Western Dental performed a root canal, which took multiple operations and now my tooth has fallen apart.

I'm having the same issue!!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1215252

I wanted them to make me some dentures, however after 2 attempts, they could not get it right.Now they are wanting me to pay for something I don't have.

I refused delivery on the dentures which should have negated the balance of my contract as they failed to fulfill their obligation.

I am interested in suing them for breach of contract.

Monetary loss $2000, plus another $800 that they have probably reported to the credit bureaus.