1.3

Update by user May 28

Finally got my refund. Two wonderful employees really took an interest in helping me and resolved the issue in just a few days. My thanks to them.

Update by user May 22

Still no refund check and no answer as to when it will be sent out. Customer service responded to a bad review on a YouTube video and told me to send them my account info so they could review my complaint. But no response as of yet and no check.

Original review posted by user Apr 22

A dentist takes a few minutes to look at your teeth and recommends treatment. Then an office worker comes in and spends way more time talking about costs, payments etc and getting you to sign a monthly contract.

In my case, I had all my remaining teeth pulled. They made dentures for me. They did not fit wel, I couldn't speak or eat properly, and when I went back, the dentist said there was only so much they could do and mentioned spending more money for implants or waiting to see if the lowers might fit when my lower gums settled. If a dentist would have told me that the dentures might not fit properly in the beginning I would never have agreed to it.

Anyway I removed them and did not go back for follow -up treatment that they could not say would even fix the problem. I paid off the contract and requested a refund of the unused portion. I requested it on March 7, 2018. It wasn't approved until March 23rd and won't be issued until May 18th.

What a joke. If you are one day late on a payment they call you incessantly demanding their money. But if they owe you a refund they see no need to get it back to you in a timely manner.

They are more concerned with locking you into a contract than getting you proper treatment in the first place. I will never set foot in a Western Dental facility again.

Review about: Western Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Refunds take way too long to issue..

Preferred solution: Refund has been approved so send it out. Instead of making me wait for a month and a half..

I liked: X-ray technicians, Monthly payments.

I didn't like: Focus on money rather than treatment, Refund policy.

Comments

h.kitchener

When it comes to dentures, you need two things to come together well---a good dentist and a good lab where the actual dentures are made. In your case, I would spend the money for an exam with a good dentist---check with friends, relatives for one to see what the problem is and whether he can do something for you, even if it means a new set of dentures.

Never pay the entire cost of dentures until you are satisfied they fit and work well.

The dentist always has time to pay the lab and you need time to ensure they fit and work well for you. You can give the dentist a down payment, but never pay the whole charge up front.