Additional Fees

In 2016 I visited Western Dental for an orthodontics consultation. I applied for a Care Credit line in order to see if I was approved, should I decide to move forward with Invisalign treatment. A few weeks later, I called to cancel and was told that I may be charged a small cancellation fee, but that no future charges would be made. No subsequent services were rendered. When I received a bill some weeks later for thousands of dollars, I contacted Western Dental and was assured that this was a mistake and that my charges would be rescinded.

For a full year and a half pursuant to this conversation, I have received bills for services never rendered. Each time I have called, I have been told (as their call record will reflect) that these charges were "in error" and "[would] be immediately dropped". When I would receive a paper bill, I would call Western Dental and I was told by a customer service representative EACH TIME I CALLED that these bills were "a mistake," were "a clerical error," and that my account was "at zero." I would ask them to confirm - "you're telling me I have a zero balance?" "Yes," they told me each time, "you owe zero."

Today I received a call from Professional Bureau of Collections of Maryland, Inc., alerting me of my outstanding debt having gone into collections.

So for a YEAR AND A HALF of calling this company and being told not only that I owed nothing, but any amount reflected as due was "actually the amount being reimbursed," my account was secretly accruing interest I could have avoided, and has now gone into collections, indelibly effecting my credit.

This has been the most unprofessional blight on what appears to be a poorly run company and has subsequently caused me consistent strain and stress.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 27.

Comments

ApprehensiveChameleon

I have almost the identical story. The worst company I have ever dealt with! Did they ever figure it out?