I went to Western Dental to get a tooth pulled.On my chart I explained I had no thyroid and couldn't have a certain kind of numbing agent.

Of course it was given to me and I had a very bad allergic reaction. I couldn't breath, I finally got the assistants attention and she called the dentist. As I'm struggling to breath the dentist did nothing but say "your breathing fine, your okay" Well I wasn't okay and the assistant saw it and called 911. By the time the paramedics got there I had stopped breathing (dentist still telling me I was okay according to the assistant).

I was rushed to the hospital and when I woke up I found out the dentist pulled my tooth while I was going through the attack.

I don't remember him doing it cause I was having the allergic reaction.If a dentist is going to pull a tooth while a patient is having an allergic reaction and waiting for paramedics there is no telling what they would.

Review about: Western Dental Tooth Extraction.

Had an Experience with Western Dental?

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #843608

Thank goodness you are all right.That was a traumatic event to go through.

I have been doing dentistry a long time, and I have never heard of thyroid problems affecting anesthetic injection.

If you have not done so already, please have an allergist identify THE SPECIFIC AGENT to which you are allergic, so it can be avoided in the future.

Allergies to lidocaine itself are virtually non-existent.

If you are sensitive to epinephrine, there is a formulation with half the usual amount.However, epinephrine is used to TREAT allergic reactions, so I doubt it was the epinephrine you were sensitive to!

Western_Dental_Services

Dear Kitty,

We read your posted comment and are sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience with Western Dental.Delivering a great patient experience is of the utmost importance to Western Dental and we are very concerned about your experience with us.

We always appreciate comments so that we can continue to improve our organization and deliver the best care and services.

As we cannot address your specific issue through this website, please contact us at (800) 992-3366 during our regular business hours (Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm) so that we can look into the details of your concerns and take appropriate action to make matters right.We look forward to assisting you.