4 days ago my tooth began to hurt to the point it was obvious it needed to be pulled. I already had work done on this tooth, and I was hoping Medi-Cal could eventually increase their coverage of procedures so that I could use my Medi-Cal to pay for a root canal, and so when my tooth began hurting, I knew I could not wait for Medi-Cal coverage and that my tooth needed pulling. From the condition of my tooth, having a discolored tooth that has a big gaping hole and beginning to seriously ache, it was obvious, pulling the tooth is the only solution. I called Western Dental and asked to schedule an appointment for my tooth to be pulled, today on 9/11/15 is when my scheduled appointment was, I went to my local Western Dental today and was expecting to have my tooth pulled.
I had some x-rays done and was placed in another room, I expected the dentist to show up and pull my tooth, and this is not what happened, I was told my tooth did need pulling and I was scheduled on 9/29/15 to have it pulled. This is 17 days to wait to have my tooth pulled, when I thought that was what was going to be done today.
Then I asked the dentist if I had to wait that long for an appointment, if I could get some medication for the pain until then, the dentist wrote me a prescription. Once I was speaking with the receptionist before leaving the dentist office, she gave me the prescription and I had to ask her what it was for, as the writing on the prescription was so sloppy I could not even read it, when she told me it was for Motrin I made a complaint that it was not a strong enough medication for my tooth needing extraction. My complaint did result in them writing me a prescription for Tylenol 3, that is better than Motrin, but it seems to me like Tylenol 3 was still not sufficient.
If you are in serious pain and need some medications to get you by until your teeth can be worked on, then you might really have to beg for it, or else you may end up being written a prescription for Motrin, which is the same thing as Ibuprofen.
It would seem like a dentist would be completely aware of how much an aching tooth can hurt, and for the dentist to write me a prescription for Motrin and expect me to wait 17 days before my tooth can be pulled, that is sort of illogical.
It is not like I was some crack head wanting a pill popping fix with no valid reason for needing some pain medications.
I would not have complained at all if the dentist would have given me a reasonable prescription for hydrocodone, which is common for a serious tooth ache.
What a waste to expect to receive any reasonable medications for an aching tooth during my 17 day waiting period until they could have it extracted.
I am wondering, are tooth extractions really so uncommon that this particular Western Dental only has tooth extraction appointments once or twice a month.
It seems like pulling teeth would be common enough at a dentist's office, so that they would have a dentist capable of pulling teeth available on any given day.
Do you have an aching tooth that needs pulling, if so you might have to wait two weeks or more to get an appointment for a tooth extraction at Western Dental, at least that was my experience.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- 17 day wait to have an aching tooth pulled
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Western Dental Tooth Extraction
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Stetic implant & dental centers a complete nightmare . needed emergency surgery when i got home , and several reconstructive surgeries . this place promised to..."
- "Western Dental is the worse place to get dental work!! My wife went there on a Friday(12/18/15) to get impressions and sat there in the dental chair for three hours!..."
- "The staff at the office was so nice, but I looked better after 1 month than I do six months later. Seems to me that as the swelling goes down..."
- "I ordered some Papermate brand 3-in-1 multi PhD pens from Shoplet because they labeled them as the ones with the red ink pens, not the stylus. But when they arrived..."
- "Transferred $500 to my wife's account over two weeks ago, and it simply VANISHED. I echo the previous responders comments about the impersonal and impossible-to-reach customer service. I will never..."
- "No bacon in the crust. No bacon in the trust! Bad pizza. Way disappointed. SHAME ON YOU BLAKE SHELTON! Wats with this lame pie? No bacon. Almost no cheese?..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."